Monday, April 12, 2010

Apples

Teachers- Beware Before Continuing.

I'm going to share my opinion. You know what they say about opinions, they are like bottoms. Everyone has one and some stink. So if you dont like my opinion. Please continue to like me. I cant promise this is composed in a well thought out manner and I'm sure I left some positive aspects out.

3...
2....
1.....

Sometimes I get very frustrated with those in the teaching profession. It seems to me that some teachers (if I refer to teachers as a whole, as they, please know I know that this does not include all teachers) complain a lot. Complain about money, complain about work days, complain about parents.

We have the same woes in the other professions too. I dont believe many 24 year olds in the business world make the same salary as a 24 year old teacher. Some people are forced to work 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift, work double shifts and ridiculous amounts of overtime. The parents that teachers hate, they are our coworkers. We work with them 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. We know they are stressful.

The thing that probably frustrates me the most, and it could be that I'm jealous of the perks, but when all this complaining is going on summer break, fall break, Christmas break, snow days, spring break are overlooked. Oh yea, and Retirement.

So, when teachers enjoy a week of spring break, complain about going back to work just to have the summer off in 30 more days- it gets to me.

Teachers are essential to society. Because they are so essential to the development of our children and have such a huge impact on a daily basis, it would be nice to think that they enjoy this responsibility and the opportunity awarded to them.

Again, I apologize if this annoyed you in any way or ruffled your feathers. Please be nice if you are going to leave a comment. (Remember I'm Hormonal and May be Overreacting)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Michele- but don't you remember how obnoxous WE were in middle school? The kids are even CRAZIER these days! Speaking as a middle school teacher who was also a cheerleading coach, it's not just 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week- you bring everything home with you each day. And it's also the meetings, the conferences, the standards (impossible to meet), the attitude from children, the attitude from parents, the administration that has yet another opinion to throw in there... it's a lot. Hmm... maybe that's why I'm "retired" at the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete