Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bounced

Dustin and I tithe. We try to do this once a month but there are times when we double up because we forgot to do this the month before. We received our statement from the church for 2009 and we managed to remember 10 out of the 12 months.

While Dustin sings, it is my responsibility to write the check and place it in the envelope before the offering comes around. I should do this before church so I can enjoy the singing. So, in 2010 we have tithed for both January and February. 2 for 2.

What's the point? Well last night Dustin needed a check, and I'm keeper of the checks although my sweet hubby pays all the bills. He grabbed my wallet and asked "You haven't used these, right?" Well yes, I just wrote the church a check on Sunday. And it hit me!!!! We closed out this account, no I closed out this account, two weeks ago. (there was another bank offering great incentives if you have their checking account) Oh no, Our check will bounce to the church!

I called the church first thing this morning, I don't know why because I knew what they would say. As I expected, the checks have been deposited. Along with the "redo" check, I will write the church an explanation and ask for forgiveness. I can't think of a worse place to bounce a check, can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment